HEALTH BENEFITS OF PUMPKINS
Geteasyhealth.com – A pumpkin is a large rounded orange-yellow fruit which provides us with excellent nutrition especially pumpkin seeds as they contain the necessary proteins, fatty acids, vitamin B and zinc. Its flesh is rich in Vitamin A and C, Thiamine, Calcium, Phosphorous and Potassium.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF EATING PUMPKIN:
- Asthma: Pumpkin is made of many anti-oxidants agents that effectively protect the respiratory tracts from diseases and free-radical attacks and at the same time healing asthma attacks.
- Bone health: Pumpkin is also rich in calcium. By making a pumpkin juice with broccoli and carrots which is very healthy for bone development.
- Boost Your Sex Life: Pumpkin seeds contain an excellent dose of zinc which plays a crucial role in men’s sexual health, including fertility, potency, and sex drive.
- Enhances Vision: A cup of cubed pumpkin will have double the recommended daily intake of vitamin A, which helps in building an excellent vision, especially in dim light. It also helps in reducing the retinal functions in those people who have are beset with retinitis pigmentosa, a degenerative eye disease which can cause to blindness.
- Cholesterol: Pumpkin is rich in phytosterols which is the same as our human cholesterol. This is what is able to replace and normalize the cholesterol to a healthy level.
- Feel Fuller: You will find that the pumpkin seeds are made up of 1.7 grams of dietary fiber/ ounce. On the other hand, the mashed pumpkin is made up of only fifty calories for every cup and three grams of fiber. It is fiber that is able to keep you fuller longer by suppressing your appetite at bay so that you eat less overall.
- Curtails Blood Pressure: Pumpkin seed oil is an excellent source of phytoestrogens, which is beneficial for preventing hypertension. Phytoestrogens is a substance that helps to lower systolic as well as diastolic blood pressure in just 12 weeks.
- Sleep Better: Pumpkin seeds contain tryptophan. Tryptophan also aids in the body to make serotonin which serves as a feel-good neurotransmitter that eventually helps you to relax and unwind. It promotes better sleep and at the same time, the serotonin will improve your mood.
These are therefore some of the health benefits of pumpkin.