IKETO-DIET MEAL PLAN
The Keto diet has probably become a top trend of eating patterns in the last few years. People have labelled it as their staple eating standard to maintain their healthy lifestyle. This particular diet suggests the intake of an adequate amount of protein with low carbohydrates and promotes high-fat consumption. Basically, in this diet, the carbohydrates are drastically reduced and are replaced with fats.
PERKS OF FOLLOWING A KETOGENIC DIET
Ketogenic diets have been considered highly efficient to handle difficult-to-control epilepsy patients. Not only this, the diet is significant to maintain the blood sugar and insulin levels in diabetic patients. Furthermore, it has become much popular in weight loss plans as it rapidly reduces body weight and flushes body fat.
QUICK KETO FACTS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
- The body accepts a large amount of fat rather than carbs i.e. its main fuel source on normal days.
- Reduced glucose consumption promotes ketosis.
- In ketosis, the body fat is broken down to get the required energy.
- Stubborn fat reduction helps to promote weight loss.
PLANNING YOUR KETO DIET MEAL
A well-planned keto meal plan is the key to a healthy weight loss while keeping the necessary energy levels up. Here is a quick guide that you may follow for instant results;
- Keep your net carbohydrate count between 20-40 grams per day. Do not increase it more than this. This will meet roughly 5-10% of your daily calorie intake.
- About 10-15%n of your daily calories should be from protein. Protein intake should be moderate but do not consume it too much or it will stop the ketosis.
- And here comes the fat, which is the king of the ketogenic diet. About 60-80% of your daily calories should be from fat. Make sure you are getting enough fats. Do not skip it.
BUILD A KETO-FRIENDLY PANTRY
A keto-friendly pantry is the best and easiest way to avoid any sort of confusion while following a keto diet. Try to fill your kitchen and refrigerator with what is allowed and throw away the not allowed items.
- Fish and shellfish
- Beef, Chicken, turkey
- Butter and ghee
- Cheese and full-fat unsweetened yoghurt
- cream cheese and sour cream
- Coconut oil, olive oil and avocado oil
- Broccoli, cauliflower and bell peppers
- Berries and avocados
FOODS NOT ALLOWED:
- Sugar, maple syrup, honey
- Citrus fruits, banana, pineapple, mango
- Muffins, cake, brownies, cookies
- Pasta, rice
- Juice, soda
- Beans, chickpeas, lentils
A MUST TRY KETO BREAKFAST SANDWICH RECIPE
- 2 tbsps. of cream cheese and cheddar
- 1 egg
- 2 sausage patties
- ½ tsp. of sriracha to taste
- Salt and pepper
- Cook sausages as per package instructions.
- Melt cheddar and cream cheese in a bowl.
- Mix the cheese with sriracha.
- Make an omelette by mixing the egg with seasoning.
- Fill up the omelette with cheese and sriracha mixture.
- Place a patty on one side and fold the other side of the omelette,
- Assemble it to make a sandwich.
Find out more recipe on iKeto Diet Meal Plan it’s free